Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched before I posted and couldn't find an answer. I have the shift position diagram for a twin stick setup. The question is if the tcase is flipped what changes on the diagram? is the left now the right and the rear now the front?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need help, took the jeep for a test run after installing the d300. It shifted smooth, no wierd noises, no vibration, driveshaft is at a good angle, no binding no nothin. EXCEPT after bout 10 miles in 2wd high going about 45mph the tcase is super hot and spewing oil everywhere from the vent, these are not new gears only thing that was replaced was the output shaft seals and I switched out the yokes to fit my driveshafts on the TJ. Would are the possible causes?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
What flip kit did you use? I had a down east kit and the kit said to put in 2 quarts of gear oil but mine still spewed about a 1/2quart of oil out of the overflow tube. I ran the overflow further up the firewall and left it 1/2 quart low. No issues. If you have a homebrew kit you may not be slinging enough oil on the output bearing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No kit, just a flipped case with a cable shifter and a relocated vent. How much play should I have?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
my flipped d300 takes 1.5 quarts due to clocking it flat. I mix standard gear oil with the sticky lucas oil, so the rear output bearing has the best chance of surviving. If you don't drive your jeep on the street, then the bearing should get plenty of oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts