Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it had to happen. I flipped the Evil Bastard in Johnson Valley Yesterday doing something with no meaning that was stupid. I was just screwing around on this ledge. Not a trail just thought it would be fun. It is on now. It feels good to wheel in it and not worry about scratches. It went all the way over so it got both sides.

It took a hard hit. Only thing that happened was a couple blades on the Black Magic Fan got ripped off.

Sitting there with the drivers side door on the ground I must say I had a SMILE :D on my face. I was having fun. A few people were like holy crap are you mad? Hell no... thats why I built it. LOL.

O yeah Bob flipped the Project Rock Mafia over to the roof a couple hours later. About the only thing that happen there was the hood got smashed

-Dan

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Erik D_lux said:
Glad to see you use your crap and your not just a rolling (no pun intended) advertisment

Yeah I had a few people try to give me a hard time about breaking it in so soon, but this is what it is about. Having fun. man it feels good to bounce it off of rocks and not worry about it now.

-Dan

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Such a pretty paint....er....vinyl job and its all ruined. I saw a chunk of your vinyl skin on one of the rocks and couldn't help laughing. Great to get to check out your stuff in person finally, and to meet you guys. A HUGE thanks to whoever it was that picked up my camera for me when I lost it doin mach 5-1/2 down the road past your trailer. That woulda really bummed me out, and I'm really stoked someone was cool enough to grab it and bring it all the way over to camp to give it back. Thanks again.

Dallas

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hey, that's what it's all about bro. It does not matter how good it looks if you never get it out on the trail and have some fun in it. Glad there were no injuries... body panels and paint can be redone. If you wheel it hard, it's only a matter of when it's gonna happen.

Now, give us some pics!

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
So did the vinly wraps keep any of the skulls from falling off or are they all toast.
1 Picture = 1000 Words

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I think we have some pics from the weekend. I'll get them up this evening.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Damn Dan that does suck, David (TunedPortCJ5) told me about it on Sunday evening and I was pretty shocked, but it is good to see a great vendor as yourself gettin out there and using your rollin blingin advertisement. good that no one was injured.

Brian

oh yea, wheres the pics?!?!! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Come awn Dan, without pics this post is worthless. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :p

Now that it's scratched just built another one and give that one to me. I guess I'd suffer and drive a beat up old rig...:D You have one of the finest "Trail rigs" out there in my opinion.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
until he posts pics, I'll let you all in on a little secret. Dan was backing outta his enclosed trailer and his ramp was a little steep...that's where he rolled it. :flipoff2:

The RockMafia however was doing some real wheeling when he rolled...he hit the curb in the McDonalds drive through and let me tell you, recovery with a low clearance sign so close, the lady asking if we wanted any fries, and all of those horns honking, was a beotch! :flipoff2:

Dan, it was great to meet your crew...I'm bummed I couldn't come out Monday to wheel with you but figured it was more important to return home to see my kids before leaving for the next couple of months.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts