Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to build a Spidertrax 9 front and rear. I want to build them with True Hi9 3rd members, but after checkin the price realized it's way out of my price range. My question is if I still go ahead with the housing can I flip the 3rd member to make gears run in reverse? Heard of this but have no solid feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Want to build a Spidertrax 9 front and rear. I want to build them with True Hi9 3rd members, but after checkin the price realized it's way out of my price range. My question is if I still go ahead with the housing can I flip the 3rd member to make gears run in reverse? Heard of this but have no solid feedback. Thanks
If you have to have high pinion the true high is way worth the money! I am going to look for you though. I remember some one flipping lows to high when making portals out of niners. It seems like all they did to fix the oiling problems was a baffle like the one in my true high nine.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If you have to have high pinion the true high is way worth the money! I am going to look for you though. I remember some one flipping lows to high when making portals out of niners. It seems like all they did to fix the oiling problems was a baffle like the one in my true high nine.
Or the baffle like the one in the Currie 8.8/9" high pinion 3rd.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Or the baffle like the one in the Currie 8.8/9" high pinion 3rd.
Maybe but the 8.8 is the one i would stay away from. A friend has had a couple of these shit out because of oiling issues. I have yet to hear of anyone lose a true high!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I've got 10,000 miles on this with no issues...
I'm shure your jeep is nice but this is hardcore section. And what stock shortarm is made for hardcore. On what 35's? There is always a guy making something last but i have never herd anything good about the "NON" tru High nine centers. Either pony up for the right stuff or don't attempt it.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I've had very good luck with my flipped 9" thirds in my buggy, but you can only do it if the engine is backwards OR you are running portal boxes. Here's a link to oiling ideas.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395927&highlight=9+inch+oiling
OH and HARDCORE has LITTLE to do with the components you use but where and how you wheel! I've blown by people with dana 60's and 14 bolts stuck on small rocks. So try to open up your thinking or you may be a little shocked to see that guy with his short arm and 35's smiling and waving as he passes you by.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Uh, those aren't stock and their not short arm. I may not be up to your definition of "hard core" but I do know how to build something to get where I want to go...

Your right so sorry. I forget that a bolt up everything is hardcore?
Kilby skid, looks like stock mouniting arm locations on frame. Short arms.
bfg mud terrians. yea your hard core.
and a 8.8 ring gear is not hard core.
Hell It getting to where a 60 is no longer hard core but standard.
I'll go buy a 20 foot stick of tube bend it 20 times and make the 2 mounting points 15" apart and call it a long arm...:shaking:

This is still pirate right? Or JU?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
call it a long arm...:shaking:

No, it's called "mid arm".
The site is what the posters make it. If you don't like it, too bad. I'm sure a moderator will close this thread (or my post) if it's not of proper content. Have a nice day...:flipoff2:

·
NERD
8,624 Posts
Your right so sorry. I forget that a bolt up everything is hardcore?
Kilby skid, looks like stock mouniting arm locations on frame. Short arms.
bfg mud terrians. yea your hard core.
and a 8.8 ring gear is not hard core.
Hell It getting to where a 60 is no longer hard core but standard.
I'll go buy a 20 foot stick of tube bend it 20 times and make the 2 mounting points 15" apart and call it a long arm...:shaking:

Let me guess....leaves are too old school for you? Not everyone can jump to 60s, 42s, a pro build cage, and an Atlas. Hardcore is a wide range of ideas and builds centering around fabrication and customizing your rig. There isn't one rig out there that is completely fabbed - something is bolted on. Not everyone needs 60s and a long arm four link, get over it. :eek:gre:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Let me guess....leaves are too old school for you? Not everyone can jump to 60s, 42s, a pro build cage, and an Atlas. Hardcore is a wide range of ideas and builds centering around fabrication and customizing your rig. There isn't one rig out there that is completely fabbed - something is bolted on. Not everyone needs 60s and a long arm four link, get over it. :eek:gre:

Actuall your completly wrong. DUMBASS,, :shaking: If you knew anything about me at all.

There was a time when this board was like a bible of truth for off roading.

It has become 90% BS and 10% good substance.:confused::shaking:

QUOTE FROM CURRIE SITE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currie custom builds the 9" rearend... the ultimate rearend for Jeeps. These rearends are designed and built to handle high horsepower, high-tourque engines in grueling off-road conditions. the Currie 9" has been "rock and road" tested and proven superior in the most rugged terrain and abusive driving conditions. These are built on the same 9" design concepts that are used in Competition and racing. If you have a 4" lift or more, and are running up to 36" tall tires...the Currie-Built 9" (Hi-Pinion) is for you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets see they say UP TO 36" tires. There is a reason the put a tire size on this thing.
SEARCH AND FIND OUT.

The guy stated he will run 37's.

But i guess you know more than currie about there product.

So much for trying to be polite and tell him the truth in the begining.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fawk!! you guys are Fawked!!! There are different levels of hardcore you know... not everybody can jump right into 60s and atlas,s, but eventually we may get there... god knows im workin on it!!! You high dollar guys should have your own freakin trend where you cant even get in unless you have rockwells ! Fawk!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts