Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a lark, I picked up a tube at the mall and gave it a try. Holy moly this stuff is great. Used it on my factory wheels, scratched areas of my paint, and just for kicks, I hit a spot on my hood (whoch I had previously wetsanded with 600 grit jpaper). Every spot looked brand spankin new, even the spot on my hood looked freshly painted and clear coated. If their weren't so many deep, nasty scratches from the neighborhood cats sleeping on my hood back home, I could've just used the polish all over it and it'd have been great. Just thought I'd key you guys in on it. Definately worth the money, but try to find it at an "As Seen on TV" store. They've got the tubes that Flitz sells for 20 bucks on their site, for 10 bucks at the store.

No affiliation, of course :grinpimp:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Simichrome is better than Flitz. Small tube is like $6.50- but man does it take oxidation off of stuff. Just my $.02. Luke

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LukeZero said:
Simichrome is better than Flitz. Small tube is like $6.50- but man does it take oxidation off of stuff. Just my $.02. Luke
Well you've got me curious. Where'd you get yours at?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yeah, but if you watch the Flitz commercial closely, they polish a Cruiser hubcap in it. :D

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've gotten Simichrome at bicycle shops, hot rod shops, eBay, wherever I can find it... I try to stock up when I find it at a decent price, because I like it so well. I'll have to check my stash and see if I have a spare tube. Luke

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dan, you should be able to find Simichrome at any Base Exchange. It is the classic military metal polish for insignia, belt buckles, etc., at least it was back in the day when everything was polished. I still have a tube from the eighties when I was a USAFA cadet...

Never tried Flitz, so I can't compare them, but Simichrome is pretty intense - I'd be very careful using it on painted surfaces.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JasonH said:
Yeah, but if you watch the Flitz commercial closely, they polish a Cruiser hubcap in it. :D
No kiddin? I'll have to pay attention next time I see a commercial...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts