Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The roof has moved over 1" to the drivers side. I was told that to get a good pull on the rain gutter, I should tack-weld a strip of steel to it and add some hooks for the chain. Pulling from the gutter using a winch or such while pounding out any wrinkles should allow everything to come back into shape enough so I cane start building the EXO cage.:D

This is a hard top and NO I am not going to cut it off ... :flipoff2:

Are there any "frame straightening experts" that want to put in thier .02c ?

Dave

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Paging Mudlite.........Paging Mr. Mudlite............we have a hard top roll in isle 2! :flipoff2:

(Mud running with sawzawll)........... Were she be I know how to fix her..........(reving up sawzawll):flipoff2:

·
Registered
519 Posts
A Zuk, isn't that one of them tiny little 4x4s, the kind you buy your teenage daughter to wheel with....:flipoff2:

I used to know someone who did a lot of backyard body work. He'd chain the victim down to an unused railroad siding, then make his pulls with a winch cable. He'd weld on eye bolts where necessary for the pull.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i know, i know..... just flop it the other way. duh :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
350 Samurai said:

Go get your daughter newbie! :flipoff2:

350 Samurai is like having a big brother around in the samurai world! ha ha ha ha ha ha :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
I used blocks of wood, bottle jacks, and BFH to straighten out the corner of the tub at the firewall on mine so I could put doors and windshield frame back on my soft top.

That's the reason I went soft top, because it's not if - it's when you roll.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts