Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sneak peak....
This idea was discussed at length at the last KOH race with John James and Mike Henrdrix. Setting up a shock to be fast in the desert makes them not as stable in the rocks. We are working on a cure.....
Currently in the final stages of testing on our class1 racer....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Are these similar to the Big Horn shocks that Desert Fab was running with fast/slow valving at the turn of a valve? Sorry if I'm missing something there :homer:

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know...haven't seen the Big Horn, but that's the basic idea.
These are a bypass shock as well.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Assuming everything goes well with testing, when can we expect these to be released? Any estimates?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Brilliant!

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assuming everything goes well with testing, when can we expect these to be released? Any estimates?
If they need no changes.... 60 days is my best guess. Could be sooner...
We have a set of 3.5's being built right now as well. Should have some at KOH to show.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I want to see them up close and see how much packaging its going to require to get them to fit. Looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW, that looks great Chris. Please explain the 2 cables. I figured there would be only one.
To get the flow we needed, we had to use 2 internal sliders for adjustment rather than one, so we have two cables. If we end up only needing to have a single adjustment for both (like we do now) they will probably get something that ties them together so a single cable can be used. Don't quote me on that though...

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will there be a bypass only option?
If you mean without the remote adjusters...yes. It has adjustable position sens. ...more so than the remote adjustable version.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts