Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I like the background image.

I do note a color contrast issue with the white text against that background -- there are some areas where it is impossible to read as it is white text on a white background.

Otherwise, we need more exposure like that on many different web venues.

Kurt, I wish I didn't know you were "only" 36!!! That makes me feel REALLY old!!! Del and I are within a few months of each other.

Anyway, I believe you are on the right track to attract the new generation of activists (or advocates) to protect their recreation opportunity.

It is scary in that I transcend the era of ARPANet - NFSNet - World Wide Web.

There have been some major changes in the past 20 years.

Okay, time for the next generation to step forward......

·
16,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kurt, I wish I didn't know you were "only" 36!!! That makes me feel REALLY old!!! Del and I are within a few months of each other.
Only 22 more years of teaching high school, then I can retire and take Del's job! LOL!

I know the font sucks. I am not that big enough of a myspace nerd to be able to whip this out real quick.

I'll have to PM Lance or Camo! LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
It's not the font; it is the color of the font.

Shift to a black font color and it should be okay.

My wife retired two years ago after 30 years of teaching middle-school.

Honestly, I have the up-most respect for teachers -- especially those that work with middle school and high school bracket.

That is the highest "burn-out" rate for any profession.

Del's job, my job, Brian's job, .... there are not that many there. However, there could (and should) be more.

I work under the philosophy that when I start a job, I begin to find my replacement. I left my last job of IT security after 22 years with no replacement.

I do hope to find a replacement for my current "job".......

Pay isn't great, hours are long, many hours and miles of travel are involved....

·
16,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts