Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in th process of building my blazer as a multipurpose do most anything wheeler. Here is a little of my progress thus far...
Alomst stock in the start.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Added a 2" freebie lift, blocks rear and add-a-leafs in front. Did some hockey trading for the 35's and rims then cut some to fit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
cut more off the body, welded the rear 14bff, put 4" lift springs front, modified rear hangers for shackle flip with 3/4 ton springs since the blazer springs were broke, and went to Moab, "uh fullsize open rigs do the escalator all the time"
Bad advice but fun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I now have a D60 up front, smokin deal @ $300, did more buying and selling to get the 36" iroks, cut more off the body to fit them. and destoyed the front bumper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
noticed my rear springs had many broken leafs so time to upgrade to 1/2 64" for a better ride, I mean flex. So I moved the front hanger forward 3" or so.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
then built new rears with more beef. Those moved back 8" if I remember correctly. So the rear axle is sitting 4" further back than stock, needed a new driveshaft anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
680 Posts
Glad you took off those fender flares. It looks good so far and thats an awsome deal on the front d60. I'm not an expert on shackle angles but that rear shackle angles looks a little steep. Like I said I'm not an expert but at least you're building you're own junk.:D

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
in the back that shackle angle is fine, it will work out better for droop.

wtf winch is that? i have never seen any thing other than a 8274/bellview with a over head motor.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I still think the El Camino seats are the best mod! Mighty comfy for a drunken co-driver on a trailride!:p Go RBB!;)

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you took off those fender flares. It looks good so far and thats an awsome deal on the front d60. I'm not an expert on shackle angles but that rear shackle angles looks a little steep. Like I said I'm not an expert but at least you're building you're own junk.:D
It does look a little steep, but the differance flat to full droop is where it wrks best so thats were I had to put them.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Cool rig.

You moved the rear 4 inches back?
Does it still clear your fuel tank?
Thanks! It does clear the tank still plenty of room there. Most of the travel is downward on the suspension too.

TRKKLR77-- I was never sure what brand the winch was but the remote said ramsey....too bad it was totally fawked

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Time to cut the front, I really hated droping off stuff in Moab with a table for a hood. New radiator support 7" off each side and a little off the bottom for a better approach angle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
marked the fenders and started cutting, then decided to really cut it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
made a few relief cuts in the inner fender support to get my angles right. Trimmed a little off the cowl to so the lines matched up.
Then moved to my donor hood. Wow bondo:mad3: well at least it was free, so it was shortened 2" and I reused the facotry edges. What a PITA spot welding the whole thing and getting the inner support in a reasonable spot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still use the factory hinges and springs for the hood and the latch and safety catch work perfect, no binding at all:smokin: Had to move the radiator support back 2" as well so modified them and welded them on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Threw some primer on and here she sits. Body gap is ok I guess but I'm not putting a filler piece on the door or fender cause I know I will hit something right after that. And I finally have a chevy grill:flipoff2: used to have a GMC till it fell out and I ran it over.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 358 Posts