Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i under stand it you have put 37's on your r.r.? if so are the tires hitting the inner fender/ floor pan in the front under full compression?

when i install the 3 link the 35's hit so i put a two inch spacer under the springs to get the tires to clear.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You are always welcome to PM me. However, this may be of value to other Range Rover owners so posting it was probably a good idea. I did put 37" tires under my vehicle. I had to make new inner fender wells though. You will have to do major trimming of the body and or inner fender wells with anything bigger than a 33" tire if you have decent flex. I had to cut a LOT with 33" tires even!

Way

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Way,
I bit the 33's as you have found out. You gonna come up for a :beer: and have a trimming party? I could use your eye. Bill and I are running Moab in March, you wanna come? I'll bring my laptop so you can work.....LOL.

PS.

I close on the 28th on the old property, so we might need to talk some beeswax in the future.

j

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'll let you know. I am still at the office now! (taking a quick break while I am printing). Been super busy lately. I am didn't schedule any appointments during the week of EJS, so I will be in Moab then. Not sure if I want to take another week off or not.

Let me know if I can offer any advice on fender trimming other than "go big or go home!"...

Give me a call if you want to talk beeswax

:) Way

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when you say you made new inner fender let me get this clear or if have some pic. you could post.
what i am calling inner fender is lower part of the fire wall where it starts to turn in the floor and the part that is behind the battery.
i also will rub lightly in the rear wheel wells under full stuff.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
may be i wasn't clear if my 35's rub a little, i am thinking 37's would rub alot? may be they don't on his truck just thinking outloud?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
just an observation but drew i must say that your rear suspension has the worst rear steer i have ever seen, i think its time to look into redesign.

this one really shows off the angle of the rear steer-

:eek:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
John and Adam,
When do you both plan on being in Moab? I just got back but might be able to go again in March. Not sure. I need to fix a few things from my last trip. I will post some pics of the "mods" from the trail later today. Good news is the Drivetrain keeps taking a beating and doesn't miss a beat.

BTW, when your truck hits around 55 degrees off-camber it kind of feels weird! The front bumper was the only thing keeping me from going over. I should have a pic of this as well later this week.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes i know that i have got some rear steer going on i am thinking of some limiting straps or some longer trailing arms but it is not on my list of things to fix right know.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Adam Check. I am assuming that is Green Rovers vehicle correct? Any more pics of the suspension on your hard-drive?

when you say you made new inner fender let me get this clear or if have some pic. you could post.
I will try. Haven't taken any pics for a while. I basically relpaced the inner fender wells with 18 gauge sheet metal that was cut with a nibbler. The inner fenders now go further inside of my vehicle, thus making more room for tire stuffing. I'll try and take some pics this Saturday.

Way

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
way i got those from the rovertym site, dont have any more on the hard drive. and yes it is green rovers vehicle.

maybe he has more?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts