Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the hell can I find that funky u bolt plate that goes on the pumpkin side of the ford 60, I have an 89 axle and I cant find that damn plate, my truck is just sitting on the spring with no u bolts on that one side... For some reason I thought the ttb used that piece.. Anyone know where to get one?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Where the hell can I find that funky u bolt plate that goes on the pumpkin side of the ford 60, I have an 89 axle and I cant find that damn plate, my truck is just sitting on the spring with no u bolts on that one side... For some reason I thought the ttb used that piece.. Anyone know where to get one?
last I knew it was a discontinued part. So have fun.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt the 79 60 is the same because of the extra room on the driver side tube. Theres no way I would find one at the junkyard unless f250's had the same piece, which i thought they did but I went looking and they looked way different. You guys must know what I am talking abot, maybe someoen can put a picture up so were on the same page.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Why wouldn't they be the same as 78/79? They just moved the pumpkin over, that's all. The later model F-250's won't be the same since they are mostly IFS.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Part Number is E6TA-5A316-AA but as many said, It is discontinued from FORD, but you might get lucky with some old stock :D

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I doubt the 79 60 is the same because of the extra room on the driver side tube. Theres no way I would find one at the junkyard unless f250's had the same piece, which i thought they did but I went looking and they looked way different. You guys must know what I am talking abot, maybe someoen can put a picture up so were on the same page.
Why wouldn't they be the same as 78/79? They just moved the pumpkin over, that's all. The later model F-250's won't be the same since they are mostly IFS.
Is that a thumbs up or a thumbs down? It looks like a technical match to me. The diff housing has the exact same shape and the spring is still 3" wide. Of course they're not going to resurrect a p/n that has been discontinued for 6 years to start putting 60's under 350's again. I don't think the p/n or outside shape are important. Like I said, it looks like a perfect technical match to me. Why is it not?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Is that a thumbs up or a thumbs down? It looks like a technical match to me. The diff housing has the exact same shape and the spring is still 3" wide. Of course they're not going to resurrect a p/n that has been discontinued for 6 years to start putting 60's under 350's again. I don't think the p/n or outside shape are important. Like I said, it looks like a perfect technical match to me. Why is it not?
If I had to put money on it I would say they would work. I really don't see why not.

·
Registered
905 Posts
grind your housing down and do a u-bolt flip instead. you'll have to use 2 different sizes of u bolts, as one will be on the casting and one will be on the axle tube, but its better than the stock mounting

·
Registered
397 Posts
grind your housing down and do a u-bolt flip instead. you'll have to use 2 different sizes of u bolts, as one will be on the casting and one will be on the axle tube, but its better than the stock mounting
Does anyone have a picture of this done?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have too if you still need one. PM me if you are intersted because I will forget to come back here to check thsi thread.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
i got my u-bolts from dan at ruffstuff. i drilled a 3/4" hole in the web and then you have to open the u-bolt a little and and sweet talk it so it will go in the hole.(no lube needed:D)

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I prefere the drilled holes over that method...something about that makes me uneasy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts