Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am converting a 89 Ford KP Dana 60 from SRW to DRW and want to use the SRW rotors on the DRW hubs. The rotor centers on the hub without question but the holes for the wheel studs are much bigger than the DRW bolts.

Will the difference in diameter between the larger holes (SRW) and the dually rotor bolts be a safety issue?

It is understood that as the bolts tighten against the rotor it is pressed against the hub (much like a dually wheel to the mounting surface). Will this negate the difference in hole/bolt size and keep the rotor from "spinning" on the hub?

This axle will be going in a 1997 Powerstroke that will be used for tow duty and hauling my family. I am leaning towards buying $100 worth of rotors and forgetting about it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right,

Bolts on the dually hubs are smaller than the studs used on the SRW. Is that an issue as the rotor would be able to spin some?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
sorry read it backwards.

The rotors are held by the clamping force not the engagement against the bolts or you would see witness marks on the threads. so I would say it would be fine.
A lot of rotors are very loose.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clamping force, yeah that is what I was trying to explain. Thanks.

The hubs I bought did not come with rotors so I have nothing to campare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts