Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help, trying to find disc brake that will fit over outer axle flange on ford 9" rear-end. Do not like B.C. broncos version where disc hat is on inside. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
please help, trying to find disc brake that will fit over outer axle flange on ford 9" rear-end. Do not like B.C. broncos version where disc hat is on inside. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I got explorer rotors (and brakes) on my semi-float 60 (same as small bearing 9"). I think that is pretty common.:smokin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not real up on the Fords but my friend puts togther 9" dics brake kits. He uses Crown Vic/Explorer diffs for the donors. The hat style is the only one I've seen due to the parking brake set up.
If you want, I can send you his email address and he can help you out.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, but the explorer brakes are the small bearing set up, I have the large bearing, and it will not fit. thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
I got explorer rotors (and brakes) on my semi-float 60 (same as small bearing 9"). I think that is pretty common.:smokin:
Out of curiosity do you know the measurement across the inside diameter of the hat part on these rotors? Looking for about 7.5".

Thanks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Am I missing something here? :confused: You are taking about the flange on the end of the shaft right?
Why not cut down the OD of the flange a little so the rotor will fit. Take it to a machine shop or get a buddy to spin it while you hit it with a grinder.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Am I missing something here? :confused: You are taking about the flange on the end of the shaft right?
Why not cut down the OD of the flange a little so the rotor will fit. Take it to a machine shop or get a buddy to spin it while you hit it with a grinder.

Yes the wheel hub (fit inside) to rotor clearance.

Why grind or machine if you can find rotors that fit to begin with? :flipoff2:

Grinding or machining is plan B.

That's why I asked.

Do you know the answer to my original question?

(sorry for the hijack, it was a simple quick question)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Do you know the answer to my original question?
Nope, I'm just starting to gather parts for my front/rear disk swap on a set of 44/9" axles from a '74 F100. I've bought Chevy front caliper mounts for the 44 and a set of weld on mounts for the 9". I haven't gotten around to buying rotors yet.

The axle flanges on my 9" measure right at 7" so it looks like I'll have an easier time finding rotors for mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the reply, I ended up taking my axle to my friends shop and he turned them on the lathe, he only had to turn them a 1/4 " to make them fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts