Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright my question is I'M putting a 91 mass air motor out of a mustang in my rig, and I am bolting a c6 trans to it which computer box do I use and whats the # on the box

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
HNRYS69 said:
Im not sure about a C6 using a computer... I thought only higher end OD trans did, like AOD. check ebay and thecorral.net for them
They don't but the 302 I have will be turning a C6 and I'd like to have one for an auto. It probably doesn't matter and there will be no less than 5 post's telling me that. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you're going to use a C-6, you'll want a computer for a manual tranny. If you don't have a speed signal, with the auto computer, you wont get the most out of the motor. It'll run, but not the way it should.

·
Registered
62 Posts
HNRYS69 said:
Comes in both. There is a A9L for auto and A9L for manuel...
My information gathered states that the a9l is for manuals and the a9p are for automatic.
I am running a a3m in my c4 302 YJ, this is the '93 manual ecm and although the timing may not be as advanced as much as an a9l, the a3m uses the most up to date parts and programming. It is my understanding if you go to ford w/ a busted a9l you will get the a3m in return.

edit\I just stole this info from corral.net:

A9L - 89-93 5.0L Mustang 5-spd
A3M - 93 5.0L Mustang 5-spd
A3M1- 93 5.0L Mustang 5-spd
X3Z - 93 5.0L Cobra 5-spd
A9P -
A9S - 88-93 5.0L Mustang California
C3W - 89-93 5.0L Mustang Auto

·
Registered
280 Posts
I probably had the a9l but toasted it, where is a good place to get a computer besides Ford motor sport? I just bought one from them and I'm concerned that it won't run like it could, I'm the king of FRYING computers. I'm also going to run one of the new painless 5.0 harness', any suggestions?

·
Registered
903 Posts
ASH said:
I probably had the a9l but toasted it, where is a good place to get a computer besides Ford motor sport? I just bought one from them and I'm concerned that it won't run like it could, I'm the king of FRYING computers. I'm also going to run one of the new painless 5.0 harness', any suggestions?
Ebay or corral.net would be your best places. You may also check local junkyards and see what they have

1 - 13 of 13 Posts