Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a dana 44 from a 79 bronc in the front of my jeep. I will be using the stock control arms. I would like to know what bushings to use at the frame mount, poly or stock. Or use RE joints, I have a buddy with a warn coil kit, it uses the same style mounts for the control arms and he goes thru 2 or 3 sets of bushings a year. The bushing material is very solid. I am not looking for super flexy joints, just something that will last. Best compromise. I use my truck as a daily driver, for hard trails and 3 or 4 rockcrawl comps a year. Any advice on the bushings? Thankx.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really looking for anything special just a compromise between some flex and durability. I will be mounting the bracket at a neutral position at the frame and 7 deg bushings at the diff. So I don't think I will need thise bushings. Any opinions on stock rubber vs poly?

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
EBSTEVE said:
These are cool but kinda spendy. The second item down on the link.
OFFSET RADIUS ARM BUSHINGS
http://www.bcbroncos.com/frontsusp1.html
Their not that spendy considering they eliminate the bind and excess wear when you lift your truck. That keeps the stock ones from wearing out so fast and needing replaced so that saves money and allow's you to keep the radius arm nuts tight and gain a little flex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts