Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a Dana 44 from a late 70's F150 using the original arms? I have a 44 with the cast in wedges and am wondering about just mounting it with the original beams and a track/panhard bar (moving the axle slightly forward in the process). I would like to switch the end of the arms (the frame end) with rod ends to allow a little better flex. How do I figure out the location of the track/panhard bar? How do I know what coilover to get? Any other thoughts?
Thanks,
Moe

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
In what truck are you installing the D44?
Spring dimensions are a function of vehicle weight and desired ride height.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I don't believe that I never mentioned what it is?! Sorry, it is a 93 Wrangler. It currently has a 1992 F150 8.8 out back and stock front. When I install the above mentioned D44, I will be performing a spring over in the back. I will need to change the leaf springs, I don't want to be taller than a semi. I bought it with what looks to be about a 4" lift (rough country) 2" body lift and stupid 1-2" shackles. I will be putting a flatter spring pack in the back when I go over. It has plenty of clearance now (no rubbing) to clear Q78-15 Buckshot mudders (measured diameter of 35.25") The first time I unhooked the swaybar disconnects I ripped a front brakeline right off at full droop. It was an extended 24" braided line. I have re-located them now and have plenty of slack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts