Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78-79 Hp60 under my 83 F350. I was told the brake lines are stock and appear to be weathered and original.
I got the skyjacker brake lines for 80-9x ford F350s's and the Banjo bolts go in there loose. One side leaks brake fluid and I presume this is because the banjo bolt is loose. Is there a caliper difference between 78-79HP60 and 80's HP 60s?

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
did you make sure the copper crush washers were in there? there is a good possbility that the newer bolts have a larger shoulder on them.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The calipers are definitely different. Not sure about the bolt size. When I have issues like this I like to go to the parts store and look at new ones side by side if they are not too busy. they especially shouldn't mind if they end up selling you the bolts.

·
Registered
549 Posts
There is a caliper difference as they have different part numbers from 76-79 and then 80-85 according to the online parts store catalogs, however both calipers' inlet ports are tapped the same with 3/8-24 threads. Sounds like a hose issue to me. Measure the inside diameter of the hole in the banjo fitting...it should be somewhere around .400" for 3/8" or 10mm banjo bolts and .450" for 7/16" banjo bolts.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the calipers interchangeable between my 78-79 60 and the 80's 60's...........

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Because of the way they are attached, spring clip and h-bar versus 2 diamond-shaped pins, you need to have brackets and calipers from a matching style. (77-79 or 86-91). As far as the brackets bolting up to either axle and lining up to the rotor I have been told that they do but have never tried it for myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts