Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
blatant asshole
11,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been walking a buddy through building a bj ford d60. Hes at the point now that he is considering swaping it over to kp but he catching a bunch of mis leading and controdicting info

Hes being told that his bj spindles wont work on the kp knuckles because the spindle register isnt long enough to go through the brake braket and seat in the knuckle. Everything i can find says theat the bj and kp spindle is the same but i cant find that measurement, and its not in the bible :flipoff2:

The seat/register/index shank from the back of his spindle is .825".
Spindle # 680086.

If you have a ford kp spindle handy please measure it.
If you have a ford kp brake caliper brkt could you measure the thickness where the spindle passes though please.

:beer: and (.)(.)'s

·
Wheeler
2,780 Posts
The only HP KP 60 I have is complete and holding up my JeeP .

I do have a set of front hubs with rotors laying outside, they are off of a 90s F250 with the TTB and if i'm not mistaken will also fit a KP 60 or a BJ 60 .

If that is true then the spindle has to be the same I would think .

Probably doesn't help any, but that's all I got

·
blatant asshole
11,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thats what im finding but i dont have a lot of hands on with ford d60s.

Yukon and a few others only list 1 spindle from 77.5-97. My buddy is being told they had different stub shafts and a bunch of shit that wasnt jiving.

Looks like you can use ttb spindles on a bj knuckle cause there is only a short shank. Ttb def wont work on the kp stock -stock. But what is the shoulder on a kp spindle vrs a bj d60 spindle.

·
P.B.A.
4,345 Posts
both kp and bj should use the same 5 stud spindle and stub shaft. only thing ive come across is the ttb spindle being shorter flange like posted above but have run them on my kp 60 with zero issues.
Only differences I’ve seen on ford stub shafts is some have snap ring groove some don’t. Same length though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts