Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of getting my axles built for my tj and I already have my rear axle planned out and n the front I want a ford hp driver drop Dana 44. About 65" wide, manual hubs, 5 on 5.5 bp matches rear axle swap. My question about this swap is the suspension set up. I can do the coil spring buckets and control arm mounts with no issues but I'm not sure what to do about the steering set up and track bar. Has anyone done a similar swap or know about what to do for the steering and track bar?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think I haven't googled it? I know what year I need and the price of every part I need for the swap there was just those few questions I had but the only reply I get is from a smart ass... This is why I never ask anything on here. Like if you don't know the answer to everything, your a jackass apparently. Thats what forums are for, to learn....

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I built one this summer. I have the files saved for some of the brackets and can get the dimensions off of the trackbar so that it can be duplicated. Used 3/4" heims and Energy suspension link builder bushings. 2" x .250 links.

3 link long arm suspsension... F-150 D44, HP drivers drop, steering without moving the stock box, high steer too. Running 4" sky-crapper springs. On the lookout for something a little softer.

If you need a parts list of exactly what I used feel free to hit me up.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1001240

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Hey thanks man. I'll deffinatly get with you here soon on that. How hard would you say the swap was?
It was time consuming. Lots of little details. The big kicker was getting the trac bar to fit with clearance for the oil pan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts