Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a 3.5 V6 ecoboost stuffed in a TJ? Anyone know any details about doing it? Looking to do a engine swap soon.....Probly going to end up with a 302 or 351 but wanted to look into the ecoboost. Thanks

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Would be a cool swap, but if those are your options; an engine/ management system that is a couple years old with little support vs a platform that is 20 years old with a fair amount of support..... I have an idea which you'll end up with :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
It's only a matter of time until someone does it, but the last person I read about that looked into it said the programming was the biggest problem right now on the EB engine. If Ford releases a "crate" engine version, then game on. Stock they put out some awesome power numbers and like most turbo engines, much more is possible.

Good luck if you get it figured out.

Jack

·
Registered
499 Posts
Try and get in touch with the guys from blue collar performance out of MI. I think I seen that they were tuning the ecoboost trucks already. They might be able to give you some info. I think it would be a bad ass swap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was looking into this for a 68 F100, FAST engine performance can modify a coyote harness and ECU according to a build they did in 2009. You might give them a try.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
This is the V6 right? Pistol Pete is running one in his baja lite TT. He's posted some issues, but overall seems quite happy with it and obviously he's not dealing with any kind of emissions BS. Maybe shoot him a pm or call.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses and suggestions guys. I did some searching on line and couldn't find any success stories and the computer seemed to be the issue. I'm certainly not worried about passing emissions so....I'll give the guys you mentioned a try. Yes I'm talking about the 6 cyl. There are some 4cyl ecoboost crate motors available....looking like $7000 available from 2 or 3 different vendors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked into the swap and found that Ford is releasing the crate engine and they have the kit for swapping which includes the wiring and computer.
Engine was around $8,000. and the swap kit was around $1500.
The engine from a junkyard was around $3500. but there was no info on if the swap kit works with junkyard engines.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the V6 right? Pistol Pete is running one in his baja lite TT. He's posted some issues, but overall seems quite happy with it and obviously he's not dealing with any kind of emissions BS. Maybe shoot him a pm or call.
I searched members for PIstol Pete and didn't find one. Any ideas?

Blue collar performance doesn't have much on their website except a truck cold air intake. Will give them and FAST a call today to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked into the swap and found that Ford is releasing the crate engine and they have the kit for swapping which includes the wiring and computer.
Engine was around $8,000. and the swap kit was around $1500.
The engine from a junkyard was around $3500. but there was no info on if the swap kit works with junkyard engines.
Yes but I only saw the 4 cyls available. You found the 6cyl somewhere?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Livernois Motorsports is getting huge in the Ecoboost world. They are tuning just about every vehicle that has an ecoboost engine in it. I'm sure they could work with a crate engine pretty easily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts