Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy
Kinda new here but was wonderin atm im in the middle shoppin for a decent truck FORD is the way to go for me...was wonderin how much mileage does like a 97 F250 get with diesal fuel? or even with regular gas. Also has anyone noticed any sort of difference beetween country miles and city miles with wear and tear on the engines? Im still learnin here so any sorta infromation that yall would have would be great. and well i gotta get my butt in gear to find a book on it but in the mean time ill just post atm until i can get myself into town lookin for one

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
Are you asking about mileage between repair for psd superduty's? I'd say it's the worst in the bidness.
:p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well shoot im gonna be buyin a truck here in the near future. Not anything new im lookin for a kinda older style F250 was just wonderin how they were repair wise and milage. Also question anyone notice any difference in wear and tear on country and city miles? B/c i got to deal with both.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Why don't you take a look over in the tow rigs area on this board. There are quite a few people running trucks similar to the one you are asking about. There are quite a few knowledgable people on the fords there.

Or, an even better bet would be to do a search in google and find one of the ford diesel forums. They can probably answer any question you could think of.

As for mileage out of a PSD? They have the worst average mileage of Ford GM and Dodge. My dad gets about 14 or 15 in town and has gotten a best of about 17 mpg on the highway.

As far as repairs or upkeep on them? I personally think they are the biggest POS diesel truck out there. My dad has spend more on upkeep for his PSD in the last year just on weird stuff going out than you would want to know. Basically, there hasn't been a month within the last year that it hasn't been broke down or in the shop for something.

Maybe I just have a bad outlook on the fords because of my dad's experiences, but you wouldn't ever get me to own one.

I would highly suggest considering an older dodge cummins powered truck if you are looking for a diesel. I think you will be happier with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts