Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm up in St. Louis on business today and I passed this truck on I-270. Seems kinda impractical to drive around every day hauling 6k lbs. It says on the door "I drive this every day". Any of you StL peeps seen this?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
"BOLD MOVES!" If they only knew!

Here's grossing at 38-40 thousand pounds.

I had already taken the back two cars off! This was before I had 12 feet removed from the trailer...before the axles!

This is also with the trailer/truck combo at 77 feet!

This probably equals 6000 pounds in the bed (LOL)! Three pigs in the bed (2 Soft Tails and 1 Road King), plus 110 gallons of gas.

This Ford has real close to 400K miles on it and the last 370K have all been towing. For the first 150K, I was hauling the bikes from LA to Chicago every other week. Over-loaded you say? Maybe not!

Original auto transmission
Original rear end
3rd set of rotors
Zero front end parts replaced
2nd V10...first one over-heated after hitting a deer. 2nd one has 150K on it.
2nd bed...1st one taken out by a Firestone tire.

I'm real happy with this truck! It's been real good to me and I take very good care of it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
"BOLD MOVES!" If they only knew!

This Ford has real close to 400K miles on it and the last 370K have all been towing. For the first 150K, I was hauling the bikes from LA to Chicago every other week. Over-loaded you say? Maybe not!

Original auto transmission
Original rear end
3rd set of rotors
Zero front end parts replaced
2nd V10...first one over-heated after hitting a deer. 2nd one has 150K on it.
2nd bed...1st one taken out by a Firestone tire.

I'm real happy with this truck! It's been real good to me and I take very good care of it.
No kidding it's been good to you!! Damn, I've seen your pics before and I'm still :eek: !!!

Makes my balls tingle about the V-10/auto reliability, I'm a touch over 100k on my '02.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Nevermind the weight. What state let's you pull a rig that has a total length of 77 feet? :eek: That would mean big permits around Minnesota and when you start getting into that they're going to want to call you commercial (especially given the weight) and that opens THAT whole can of worms.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I get really sick and tired of hearing about F450's "best in class" this that and the other... They must really think we're idiots.. There is NO other truck in that "class" (full pickup over a 1 ton). I love my SuperDuty, I would love to have an F450... But market it as something unique.. not "best in class"

-Jay

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Nevermind the weight. What state let's you pull a rig that has a total length of 77 feet? :eek: That would mean big permits around Minnesota and when you start getting into that they're going to want to call you commercial (especially given the weight) and that opens THAT whole can of worms.
I was illegal everywhere at 77 feet. I got a ticket and had 12 feet cut out of the trailer. Actually, Minnesota isn't the only place cracking down on pick ups with goose necks, and a CDL is mandatory with all of my trailers.

Back in the good ole days (up to '06 or so), the DOT didn't pay too much attention to pick up trucks. Now they ass rape you just like they do the big trucks, but someone has to pay for all those plush new weigh stations.

There is good illegal money to be made hauling cars with an RV though! :smokin: And you don't even need a physical to drive one as long as you have a heart beat...no matter how much weight you carry. :)

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
thats nothing - ive seen the new tundra pulling a fithwheel with another new tundra on it - all painted yellow - both trucks have toy stickers all over them, " tundra the new fullsize " blaaaaaaaaa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts