Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first time posting been looking at your guy's stuff for years now but now I am stumped. So I have a problem with getting my pickup to fire. So I have fuel so I am at spark my key wont turn the vehicle over but I can arc it over by the sylionoid but I can't get it to fire. I have power going to the coil and distributor. Every thing even with the key out still has power going to it thanks for reading my lengthy post

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
what engine?

motronic?
duraspakles?

is the rotor in the dizzy turning? firing order correct....fire at all?

·
Pavement Challenged
1,698 Posts
You're not helping.

What year?
What kind of ignition? Point, duraspark, msd, pertronix?
Pics?

What did you do last that made it not fire?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 71 just napa brand coil and points. I just bought it back from a kid and now I'm trying to put it back together

·
Pavement Challenged
1,698 Posts
OK,

The 71 didn't come stock with the 400. Doesn't really matter because the points wiring is the same regardless.

If you want quick, buy a reman dizzy... points are already in there and tested. Should run sub $50.

Run a jumper from the + batt to the +coil and try that... don't leave it on too long or you will fry the points/coil.

You don't even have to install the dizzy, you can run it by hand and see if you get spark... if you manually wire you can ensure that wiring is correct..

Where are you located?

Did you look at the wiring diagrams on Fordification.com?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts