Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright im hopping there are a few of you here (if not get a 300-6 you 302 guys!) im going for second opinions on carboration for my 82 300-6. Im going for a 390cfm holley 4bbl. Anyone know of any probs whith these carbs or think this may be over carbing the motor?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
There is one aftermarket manifold for the stock 1V carb that looks like it would kick a$$. It is made by Edlebrock but is out of production. As you knwo the stock cast iron intake has sharp bends at the #1 and #6 cylinders and the runners are of un-equal length design. this makes for $hitty air flow. The Edlebrock one that I've seen had idividual runners for each cylinder and they were curved nicely to avoid dead spots in air flow. Sort of a tuned intake design. Unfortunately I've only ever come accros one and I was a fool for not buying it then.

just fyi.

Eric

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the biggest reason for me getting the 4bbl stuff is becouse the monojet thats on there is shot. The truck makes no power and will barly idle. And i have tryed everything whith that carb, rebuilt it had someone else rebuild it, bough a reman , bought a new one. Nothing worked (well the new one did but i had decided i didnt whant a monojet by then). Thus im going to a 4bbl, besides it should move its power band up a bit and will definetly get me more revs which is good becouse it will be seeing alot of mud.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts