Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I spent a day helping my brother instal a lift and stuff on his ford...since I am a toy guy just take a guess on the specs...all I know is 1/2 ton, 302 and auto...33" MTR and Skycrapper lift components...works for him...mall cruiser with occasional offroading in CO...

Attachments

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this kit came with everything you could imagine...shocks, longer brake lines, drop pitman arm...

Attachments

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get that bracket in the right position to drill, bolt, & weld! The take care of the pitman arm....

Attachments

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,323 Posts
Cool. You get that done in just one day? I put a 6" Skyjacker kit on my F-150 by myself, and it took several days. Of course the weather didn't help me much either :rolleyes:

How easy was it to take off the pitman arm? Mine took several hours with a puller, and I had to cut if off the tie rod.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
9 hours and it was the ONLY nice weather day we've had lately...82 degrees!!
I used a pitman puller and then applied a bit of heat from a torch...BAM it popped off fast...the only rough part was airchieseling the rivets...LOL

We also replaced teh front disc pads AND both motor mounts(torn) while we were working on it...

we drained and replaced ALL of the brake fluid, too...

He drove it 55 miles back home and said it was fine except for a slight "funny feel" in the steering, but a trip to the front alignment shop on Monday took care of that...

If you don't want to scratch build, this kit is a good deal...not sure what he paid for it, but it came with everything needed...shocks, bolts, brakelines, and some decent instructions...LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts