Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new towrig.

I just got an 83 f350 w/460 t-18 and it needs a carb (4 bbl) what size, brand, etc I need for this truck in order to maximize performance while minimzing budget. This is my first big block anything along with the first ford that I have ever owned and I dont know jack squat about what carbs came on these things sizes etc. I know its a complete newbie question but I have searched here and not found much that I can use.

Thanks for any and all help on this issue ladies and gentlemen, your advice and input are much appreciated.

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Go to Autozone and get a basic replacement Holley or Edelbrock 650 4bbl and slap on it there and call it a day...:beer:

·
Registered
86 Posts
crackhead93 said:
Go to Autozone and get a basic replacement Holley or Edelbrock 650 4bbl and slap on it there and call it a day...:beer:
Wish it were that easy. The factory carb and manifold are spreadbore. to go with the basic Holley (crap), or Edelbrock, you'll need an adapter.

If you're looking to stay low buck, get a rebuild kit and keep your current carb, or scout the salvage yards for one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
DUH, i knew that...Yeah, tear it apart, rebuild it and put it back together...Then call it a day...:beer:
Brian...

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts