Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install an onboard air system on my 1979 F250. I would like to use the stock brackets. I just need the pump. Are there any particular pumps that are better then others. What oil am I suppost to use, 30w oil, how about synthetic?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was calling all the local wrecking yards, looking for a A/C compressor. They keep asking me if I need one for a "intergrated" or "hang on" compressor. Which one do I want?What is the difference, and how can I identify each one.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I was calling all the local wrecking yards, looking for a A/C compressor. They keep asking me if I need one for a "intergrated" or "hang on" compressor. Which one do I want?What is the difference, and how can I identify each one
I've never heard those terms before, so I have no idea. If your looking for a York, just ask for that, any yard worth going to will know what one is. You'll have to check for your self though to see what version and size it is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked all the onboard air sites that i can find. I know the Part# (f210L) and the difference in the shafts. To the best i can figure an intergrated system is from the factory (With a fomoco tag) and a Hang on is a dealer option?(a york tag). All the local yards have been striped of york Compressor. Not that we use A/C in Washington.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts