Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread in chit chat about replacing some shocks inside the air springs on my wife’s Expedition. Read if you are bored!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/2551497-2008-expedition-air-ride-issue-question.html

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could help me find a part number. The guy at the dealer said the number I gave him, off of Fords website, has been superseded. I didn’t ask the new one and he didn’t tell me.

It comes down to me finding some shocks at a cheaper cost than the $160 Ford is charging. Parts Geek has a few that match the make and model but there are like 4 different numbers for the same shock. Below is what I have gathered so far.

Part Number : 8L1Z18125D
Description: Expedition, Navigator; Load Leveling Suspension; Standard Wheelbase; 4WD; From 12/4/07
Vehicle VIN :
1FMFU20528LA50877

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Really want to keep the air ride?? I've converted quite a few to normal coil over spring set ups.

·
Registered
18,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really want to keep the air ride?? I've converted quite a few to normal coil over spring set ups.
I've thought about that as it seems a pretty cheap option. My reasons for keeping the air ride are that I have replaced the pump already (3 months ago) and I really don't want to have the "check air suspension" light on all the time.

Seems lots of folks wash their hands with it and it might come back to bite me in the ass but I'm gonna try and fix it correctly for now.

It does ride nice when its working. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Makes sense since you already have a new pump most of the ones I see at the Ford dealership have blown out bags that in turn take out the pump, way cheaper to replace the air parts with normal stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts