Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to fix the howling power steering in my bronco...Does anyone know who makes the best after market pump? Or is there a factory fix that I am missing? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeremy :beer:

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Swap out to a Saginaw pump.. from what I hear depending on what you got now there may or may not be OE brackets, but i don't think it'd be that hard to make your own to fit.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
PSC Power Steering

www.pscpowersteer.com

He'll talk to you on the phone, figure out what you need, and get it to you quickly. Be sure to tell him what your future plans are as well, so you can get a pump that will be able to accept any upgrades you make in the future. Good stuff, good reputation, and lot's of knowledge.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
Go to the junk yard, get the bracket, pump, pulley Pressue hose from a Van. Done

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Yup, E-Series van 87 and newer with the same engine for your serpentine belt application. 86 and older are V belt

·
Dirt Engineer
503 Posts
I did this on my EB. Had to have one fitting changed on the hoses to mate to the pump. Probably could have avoided this by using the hoses from the van, but didn't think about it at the time. Way better than the ford pump.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you get a pump and bracket combo from an E series van it's a direct bolt on. The fittings and everything will be the same. This is the saginaw pump that has been mentioned. It's a better design than our stock pumps and it has more pressure. You should be able to find the bracket and pump at a salvage yard for under $50.

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
jeez people!! this comes up every other day!..

SAGINAW SAGINAW SAGINAW!!!!

get a braket, pump, and line from a van, and be done with it.. Best $20 I ever spent.

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are great...I musta had my head inserted in my a$$.... I never even thought to go that rought...Thanx everyone for your help.... Jeremy :smokin:

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
BoulderBronco said:
If you get a pump and bracket combo from an E series van it's a direct bolt on. The fittings and everything will be the same.

Not true. some are different, I know on my 94 stuff the sag fitting was different than the stock 94 pump fitting, so i had to make a new hose for the sag fitting and bronco box.

I dont not,however, know if the stock box fitting from the van would have worked as it had been taken with the box out of the van before I got the pump and bracket.

·
Registered
970 Posts
i have an 86 bronco and i took a bracket and pulley from like a 89 e250 with a 5.8 and mine doesnt make a sound but if your going with tires that are bigger than 37s and a front locker i would just spend the extra money and buy a agr ram assist with a sag pump or buy the pump and send all your stuff to west texas offroad and have them hook you up.

as soon as my steering start to make noise or give me any problems i am going to ram assist

1 - 11 of 11 Posts