Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a link the other day to ford rotors to use on rear disc conversion. Supposedly they can be had for about 15 bucks a pop. The link wouldn't work for me, and I can't find it again, anyway. Anybody got a source for these cheap rotors?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
What bolt pattern? F150 rotors aren't much more expensive than that.... 5 on 5.5

I'm not sure if the thickness and offset is what you're looking for, tho.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5 on 5.5. It's going on a Scout 44. I've heard that it is a rotor off of a 78-79 Bronco, and I've also heard f150. I found the bronco rotors locally for about 25 a piece, but I'll probably be getting like 3 sets, so it would be nice to find them cheaper.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I found the link to the rotors. It was at Parts Mike, but it must have been there old site, because the url is different from their current site. The link was in this post here . I looked at parts mikes website and couldn't find them. Does anybody know if they still sell them?

p.s. This is Ben

·
Registered
258 Posts
I know that '76-79 Ford hubs/rotors are the same. I did a disc swap on a '75 early Bronco and just asked for '77 Ford 1/2 applications. I do not know what huns you are using--the ones I'm referring to also use the same hub. I bought one-piece hub/rotor combos for $75 a side through an Autozone. Canadian made with new wheel studs and bearing races. I've heard of people using the rotors from trucks well into the 80s for similar swaps.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Sammy said:
I found the link to the rotors. It was at Parts Mike, but it must have been there old site, because the url is different from their current site. The link was in this post here . I looked at parts mikes website and couldn't find them. Does anybody know if they still sell them?

p.s. This is Ben
That post is 23 months old!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Old Scout said:

That post is 23 months old!
WTF you tell everyone to search but when they do you make fun of them for linking old stuff? :flipoff2:

I paid somewhere around $30 for a hub & rotor assy. but it's about $25 for the rotor by itself.
I think that Napa has the cheap ones as well as Schucks/Checker/Kragen. If you check online it will be cheaper than if you just walk in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts