Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you ever built or had one of these they are ford curiors that have been converted to 4x4 they were made by washinton atv in kelso washinton and i have a chance to buy one.

Any help is apriceated__Anthony

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Looks like an excellent platform to begin with. As long as you stay w/4cyl.:D
Simple leaf spring suspension. Is the running gear Toyota? Lots of aftermarket support for those axles. Ford 2.0 & 2.3 can be reliable & REVVIN' sum bithces. All locked up on 35's w/5.14's would be the shiznit.:smokin:
I am constantly amazed & humbled @ what those DAMN toyotas can survive & conquer.Makes my heavy metal Big Green Hunka' junk look stupid.:eek:

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
I think it would be cool to do one up with all ford parts for a classic cruiser, weekend toy.

I dont know shit about what transfer case to use, but maybe a dana 20, paired with some early bronco axles...

I wouldnt build one for wheelin, more for lookin cool... anyways.

If you have a chance to buy one, I would do it if the price is semi reasonable. I think they could be made into a killer little trail rig as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4x4 curior

It has a dana 20 front axel (junk) a dana 30 rear (junk) and a dana 30 transfer case.
I like your dads can i have some more pics and some specs mostly pics of the motor swap:smokin:. thanks.__Anthony

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I like your dads can i have some more pics and some specs mostly pics of the motor swap:smokin:. thanks.__Anthony
I'd love to give you more pics but thats all I have of it. He sold it in the late 80's when I came along...

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
here is proof this is the brochure on them look at the specs!!
http://darkforestcreature.com/Courier/Sasquatchtrifoldbrochure.pdf

Did you need proof they exist? I have that brochure on my photobucket somewhere, but I didn't take the time to look for it earlier.

They are rare, but if you're thinking of buying one because it might be valuable, rare does not always equal valuable. Do you have any pictures of the one available to you?

Here's mine in it's current state. As I said, it's just a regular 2wd Courier body on a Toyota 4x4 chassis. I paid $376 on ebay for the Courier, complete and in good condition except for the rusty floor boards. I even put a battery and some gas and fired it up, but I never drove it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sasquatch

the one im looking at is orange like the pic i posted but the driver door and tail gate is turqoise and its got 33's and steel bumpers sorry i cant get a pic of it to you. Im thinking 500 ish for it?

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
the one im looking at is orange like the pic i posted but the driver door and tail gate is turqoise and its got 33's and steel bumpers sorry i cant get a pic of it to you. Im thinking 500 ish for it?
Seems reasonable, depending on condition. I seem to remember a very nice original example going for somewhere in the 3k range. I've seen them for more, but they usually don't sell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like an excellent platform to begin with. As long as you stay w/4cyl.:D
Simple leaf spring suspension. Is the running gear Toyota? Lots of aftermarket support for those axles. Ford 2.0 & 2.3 can be reliable & REVVIN' sum bithces. All locked up on 35's w/5.14's would be the shiznit.:smokin:
I am constantly amazed & humbled @ what those DAMN toyotas can survive & conquer.Makes my heavy metal Big Green Hunka' junk look stupid.:eek:
Thanks for my new sig!:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Chevyssuck, if you can get the truck, get it. Classic old trucks are getting rare, especially clean ones. You can always beef up the drivetrain. I knew two brothers w/a local fab shop & one of them put a really old Datsun body on a late model ranger chassis. He was planning to prerunner it. I'm a fan of any old skool rig that's not a butchered POS. Have fun.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
He built a bitchin' rig. Were the tires Ground Hawgs?
Thanks, he hated to sell it and lost his ass on it but we got more toys to make up for it now. :D

I think the tires were monster mudders or something like that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sasquatch

heres the scoop on it the guy that has it left it with his buddy that went out east and now i have to track down his buddy that lives her to get the truck it turning in to a cluster fuck im just waiting for the day i drive it home withch is like 2 blocks haha.__Anthony

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've owned a number of Couriers over the years. Great little trucks. I'd love to find a 4x4 but haven't ever had the cash when one was available. The coolest part is the x4 conversions were from my hometown Kelso, WA.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts