Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 00' Excursion back in Oct. with a V10, I was wondering if anyone here has heard of any problems/ defects with them? The reason I bought a V10 is because it was the right price and is in great shape, I prefer a diesel but finances dictate what I can get. The reason I ask is because my dad bought a 5.4 F150, and after 26K the head gasket started to weep. It didn't affect anything but when you stopped after being on the road for a while in had a burnt oil smell bad. I am hoping this is not the case with the V10, because I know it's a common problem with the 5.4's. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have a 99' f-350 w/ a v- 10 and auto , It has 47,600 miles and
hasn't had any problems . Myself ,along with my cousin and a good friend went to Hollister ,Ca. back in 2001 for TTC. We didn't
have any touble at all , but one little problem on this vehicle is with the spare tire . If you install a larger catback exhaust it can interfere w. the spare tire and cause damage . :flipoff2:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I certainly hope that a cat back exhaust wouldn't interfere with my spare it's mounted inside:flipoff2: , mine has 140K and runs strong.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
I hear the V-10 is a TowMeister

·
Premium Member
19,797 Posts
DRM has a good site out there where he documents alot of manticae and fuel MPG on his V10 pickup, its good reading.
I think the only problem i ever heard was blowing a spark plug out of the head, but that could of been 5.4's too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts