Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor today that some of the rangers were saying that this weekend (June 28-29) Will be the last weekend for wheeling on the trail this summer. Please someone tell me this is not true. I cant make it there this weekend and last year I didnt go becuase of the closure. Does anyone know the truth or has anybody else heard of this?

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I haven't heard anything of the sort.....Yet. but theres no doubt it will be closing soon.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I hope something is posted about it I might have to change my plans of moving to wheelin if it is true.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
This would suck, I was hoping to run it the week after our Donner event :(

·
16,230 Posts
This rumor as been flying around and I have heard it elsewhere..

My guess is the fires are fueling the rumor, especially after last year.

The best bet is to wait for Brett to post up before everyone gets thier panties in an uproar.

He will know the REAL DEAL

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well "Satisfactory". that is good to hear. But this still makes me wanna plan a trip up there befor it really does close!

·
16,230 Posts
Be careful Kurt. There is only one "t" in Bret's name.(sometimes he gets a little pissy about it) :flipoff2::grinpimp::flipoff2:
It wouldn't be the FIRST time I have pissed him off! :homer::grinpimp:

Sorry BRET! LOL!

·
1,848 Posts
To Currt and Jackoline:

I am not pissy.:flipoff2:

I'll try and find out if anything is going on in regards to planning any closures. I have already been told there is nothing in the works but things change.

I changed jobs within my company and no longer sit in front of a computer all day so things might be a little tougher for me now in regards to this kind of stuff but I will try and keep up. I am also on swing shift for a couple of months so that's another little problem.

·
1,848 Posts
E-mail in to Tom Quinn, the Tahoe Forest Supervisor. Hopefully he can give us some insight into any plans and the process for these kinds of decisions.

·
Ford Bigot
4,101 Posts
A couple of guys and I were planning a run. I got a phone call from another one of our buddies about this very same topic. Seeing that we're leaving tomorrow, this might be important information.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Before everyone goes all chicken little...lets just wait and see what Quinn has to say. Remember that he is not the same guy who issued the closure last year and this is his first summer in the Tahoe NF as the forest supervisor.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665934

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Although the TNF site may not be the most up to date here it is:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/tahoe/

"Most campgrounds, picnic areas, roads and trails are open, except for a few in the high country still blocked by snowdrifts. Find your perfect spot in the woods with our recreation report. "

No mention of Fordyce trail or OHV use anywhere.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts