Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been closed out for the whole summer. We need to get some work done.


October 27th.


Put it on your calendar.


More to come.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm in the process of contacting the TFS to schedule a survey run to the mud hole at mile 6.25 (July 4th run that was cancelled) and getting the Adopt-a Trail clubs on board to work on the mud hole area right before Winch Hill 5.

We need volunteers to help out.

Please post up and set this date aside if possible.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jim. I was planning on giving Dave a call later to talk about it.

By the way, I should point out that these areas are technically not yet "mud holes" as there is no water in them. They are potential mud holes as we saw from last year but we still need to do what we can before the weather gets too bad to effect any repairs for this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,385 Posts
Marked! Definitely need to work on them before they fill up with water...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,566 Posts
I think I can get some of our club up there, whats the plan as far as camping?will we be there over nite. Tools needed?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Actually the way this is shaping up is that the Adopt-a-Trail clubs may be taking the lead to do some work on the upper part of the trail and we will be taking some Forest Service people in to look at the lower part of the trial in preparation for a fix done next year. We're not looking to solve all the problems right now. Just get a start. When we have a definite schedule and meeting place I'll post it here and anybody that wants to is welcome to come up.

We are also working on a e-mail system like the FOTR uses. Once a person is on the list the updates come to them and we don't have to worry about checking a posting.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought the Four Dice Prez was communicating with yours Jim.

Because we didn't have a lot of time and also because I am going on vacation for 10 days starting tomorrow:grinpimp: Four Dice is taking the lead in a work project to fill in the area before Winch Hill #5 that turns into a mud hole when the water starts flowing. I believe Alan Ratzburg has been in contact with Dave. I'm sure they will talk in the next week and formulate a plan. That's the cool part about having Adopt-a-Trail clubs on the Fordyce. Organizations already exist to take lead roles. If there is time the plan is also to work on the creek crossing on the way to Winch Hill #3. It needs cleaning out so it doesn't back up next spring. This work is scheduled to take place on October 27th. As far as I know a meeting place and time has not yet been set.

FOF is taking the Forest Service people in on Sunday the 28th. This is driven by Joe Chavez's schedule. There will be two and possibly three FS people going with us. We are going to give the mud hole area at mile 6.25 a real good look and try to come up with a permanant fix. There are many factors to consider in dealing with this area and it's not as simple as just filling it in. Water flow must be considered. This is why the FS people are going with us. Anything we come up with will most likely be done next year after the snow melts and the water clears out.

I have arranged to meet Joe and his crew at Fordyce Lake Sunday morning at 9am. Weather permitting of course. We're really hoping for winter to hold off for a bit longer.

FOF is working on an e-mail list similar to the FOTR's. When it gets going and everyone is signed up notifications will be a lot easier. The information will come to you.

When I get back from vacation I'll post a meeting time and place for the survey run down to mile 6.25. I have the seats covered for the FS people but if anyone wants to tag along they are more than welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,993 Posts
Great, thanks. Apparently Dave (Prez) didn't have the details yet cause he asked me if I knew them right before our meeting started.

Have a great vacation and I'm sure Dave will get the details shortly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
704 Posts
Four Dice will be camping with Tinman at Fordyce lake Friday night right where the committee trail comes out. Then hitting the trail around 8:30 or 9am Sat morning to get some work done.

Everybody is welcome to join us, we can use all the extra bodies we can get.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the plan remains as before. Four Dice will be taking the lead to do some work on the trail Saturday and I will be leading the group in on Sunday morning to look at the big mud hole area. We will be meeting at Fordyce Lake at the trail head at 9am.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,568 Posts
I may be able to sneak out for the day, but my Amigo is staying at Robbs Valley Resort until November... if I drag my sorry butt up to Fordyce lake by 8am, will there be a passenger seat available?

Randii
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will not have any room Randy. No bald heads allowed in the Blazer.:flipoff2:

Seriously, I am borrowing rigs from Four Dice to get the seats I need. There may be extras from Four Dice or Webilt.

Anybody have an extra seat for Randy?

He will need a really thick beanie.:grinpimp:
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top