Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well was looking into one. For my rig. To drop some weight and make some room for 2 more seat and motor swop and keep the toy theme going. Well mike e-mailed me back on the f-chassis. Well problem is chassis price is cool but shipped killed the hole idea. Allmost the same price as chassis. I like the look and idea. So have any of you built your own f-chassis.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
dam if you had just posted this last week. i just drove from freakin LA to austin sunday. i could of brought a chassis with me:shaking:

1100 for shipping? i had heard it was 500 or something like that.

btw, round rock rules:D

i grew up going fishin on georgetown

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ramrock said:
Well was looking into one. For my rig. To drop some weight and make some room for 2 more seat and motor swop and keep the toy theme going. Well mike e-mailed me back on the f-chassis. Well problem is chassis price is cool but shipped killed the hole idea. Allmost the same price as chassis. I like the look and idea. So have any of you built your own f-chassis.

Mine was 615 from his shop to Columbus Ohio..

Check your own quote with ABF.. Where your getting killed is the 2 hour drive from Mikes shop to LA for a depot..

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike said a ball park of $500 to $700. To ship.
I know a top fuel chassis shop down in houston tx that a family freind owns. I mite give him a call and see what he can built it for. I just know right off hand hes high on prices. But he builds nhra cages and chassis so it well be up to snuff. Im not down'n hedrix work. Thing that sucks wife looked at some pics i had saved seen them and said whats the cost on one of them i told her she said not bad. And i want have to much down time. Why dont you look into one. I was lost for a couple mins. Thought she was joking around.:D

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was talking to my boss about shiping cost. I guess the weight isnt what jacks up the price its the size. Allmost 12.5 foot long. Wish my brother still did hotshots.

As for Round Rock i just moved up here 4 months ago. Different from what im use to. East texas rednecks. But the pay is good and my work is a hour and a half to katemcy or k-rock. So i got one of the best parks around right down the road.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
hell ya, i am an east texas redneck:D

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
a2b said:
hell ya, i am an east texas redneck:D

That explains alot:flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Tim Florian said:
That explains alot:flipoff2:
your just jealous because you havent had squirrel stew:D

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LoL!!! Dont forget stuffed dove

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didnt know they have that good of a place to wheel in dallas. Yall have any comp in katemcy or k-rock this year. Mite have to wait. Plus mike doesnt hve any of the hrew chassis built right now.

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
I guess i just dont understand why whaleys can receive chassis and weld them together but a customer cant do the same. The cages will be the same i guess i just dont understand.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
TR said:
I guess i just dont understand why whaleys can receive chassis and weld them together but a customer cant do the same. The cages will be the same i guess i just dont understand.
Basically they became an approved vendor, why is it so hard to understand that you can do it to but you have to be an approved vendor?

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Ramrock said:
hrew chassis built right now.
dude, serously. you spend 10k putting one of these together only to have it dinged all up because of a couple hundred bucks not to get DOM. my DOM is really banged up and i cant imagine what HREW would be like. oh wait, yes i can, look at todd's, lol

·
Administrator
63,765 Posts
If we're able to make it to the Jambo we might be able to bring it back for you? We're in Copperas Cove. :roxy:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hell i run a pipe exo right now. And i bang on it all the time. I have only one good flat spot on it. The rest is just grind down. And im look looking at $1500 to built my rig. I have a running chassis right now. So just swop cab for chassis cage and add odds and ends. Back on trail.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Ramrock said:
Hell i run a pipe exo right now. And i bang on it all the time. I have only one good flat spot on it. The rest is just grind down. And im look looking at $1500 to built my rig. I have a running chassis right now. So just swop cab for chassis cage and add odds and ends. Back on trail.
Pipe and HREW are totally differant when it comes to the abuse they will take agaist the rocks. You WILL regret not getting the D.O.M.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Ramrock said:

thats what I though :rolleyes: I'm probably another $5,000 into it so far.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts