Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have blazer that I want to make into a buggy and thought about putting a hendrix chassis on it. I just wanted to know if anybody has done or will it even fit?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Beck, who used to work for Off Road Design, makes a bolt on tube chassis for a k5 frame. He had one at Moab this year on a trailer on display. Very nice setup. Problem is, now that he doesn't work for ORD anymore I have no idea how to put you in contact with him...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
prolly be easier to get a free toyota frame somewhere and attach it to that. gotta be smaller/lighter and, of course, it would actually fit the formula tube...

j

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Ditto on Beck. His name is Beck Herring, he had a "Beater Engineering" sticker on the chassis and his buggy. No advice from me other than to call directory assistance for Glenwood Springs, CO. and see if they have a listing.

I'd go that route.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Well after searching through everyone's moab pics for 45 minutes I found this!

As Ryan said, his stickers said "Beater Engineering" on them but he told me he didn't have a website or anything... I didn't get one of his business cards. If your interested in it I can probably find a way to get ahold of him.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I found his cell #. PM and I'll send it to you. (not sure if he wants everyone to have this #)

Ryan

·
Registered
515 Posts
I believe that the Hendrix chassis would work for your application. The fit of the Hendrix chassis onto the Toyota frame is up to the end user. I placed mine a little higher than some of the other builders in order to have enough head room. There should be no reason that you couldn't fit a Formula Toyota chassis onto a Blazer frame if you place and fit the tubes correctly between the Chevy and the Hendrix. It is certainly an inexpensive way to get the project started.

It might depend on your location. If you can pick up the chassis in Santa Margarita as I did, then you don't have to pay a shipper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts