Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting ready to order twin sticks for my t-case and as I looked at it i noticed the shifter base is all one with the tranny shifter,is this right ? does anyone a pics of a twin stick setup for a forward shift? is it a one peice replacement?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
If you want twin sticks you are going to have to swap out your t-case for a top shift model or modify your case into a topshift model.There is no replacement shifter for that set-up.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
There is two different types of forward shift the ones that marlin has is for the g52 seperate shifter style.Both shifters are in the tranny they have there own bases unlike that one pictured.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great my case has been altered for the twin stick,now what do i do ? tear it apart and put the pin back in?

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
2manyprojects' bright idea:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482798

Find a stock topshift shifter. Shift the hi-lo (left rail) from there by welding a u-shaped tab onto the shift fork in the reduction box.

Use your stock forwardshift shifter. Weld a tab onto the existing 2wd-4wd (right rail) shift rail per the Marlin or TG dual adapter (front case) instructions).

You can do the opposite, but topshift 2wd-4wd rails are getting as rare as hen's teeth!

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
great my case has been altered for the twin stick,now what do i do ? tear it apart and put the pin back in?
Doesn't hurt to run with the pin out. I pulled mine about 6-7 years ago when I put the rebuilt case in, figuring some day I might do a twin stick. Works fine with a single stick shifter.

I recall a thread here from a few years back where someone opened up the notches in the shift rails to let a single stick shifter pop back and forth between the 2-4 and H-L sides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts