Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done alot searching and not really coming up with what i want. Here is the deal.. 85' carbed Yota with a forward shifting transfercase. I am using this case for the reduction box and a top shifting case for my rear box (for dual case set up using AA adapter).

1. How do i seperate the reduction box from the rest of the case? (it started to seperate and them stopped, do i need to get the shift rails out? and how?)

2. How do i mate the forward shifting box to the AA adapater? (will it just bolt together or will i need to do something special to the rails.)

I searched All Pro's site and Marlin's site and did'nt come up with any answers.

I'm sure this has been covered but i have been unable to find it.

Well thankx in advance!

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
hey buddy going to have that thing together for the jambo?

I think you need to drive a roll pin out of the shift rail to get it to slide out of the fork. Then it will come for you, just the way you like it.:D

Randy

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Oh ya, 2. youll have to shift the high low rail on the rear case forward and cut a half inch off it so it doesnt hit the riduction high low rail when its shifted back. Cut off wheel in a die grinder or angle grinder works good.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Randy, Well if things go right i will have everything done by the Jambo, i don't have much to do, just the dual cases and get my driveshaft shortened. Thankx for the info i will work on it tonight. Are you going?

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Planning on to the Jambo. Might be selling my truck this weekend so might have to bum a ride.

Bring that shaft over and Ill show you the home drive shaft shortaning methad.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankx Randy, I am already have everything together. I am using a top loaded shifter and just getting ready to bolt it in. I was much easier that way.. Well too bad you have to sell it, i really liked what you had done to it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts