Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After moser wanting $3 a clip I decided to try and find them on my own. I found full external snap rings, .050 thick (much closer to the .030 hardware store clips) in stainless steel. They still cost $1.50 ea, but better than $3. Who needs them? I will sell them at cost + postage. Or is there a better source I have not found yet???

·
Registered
191 Posts
The clip you need is the same c-clip that goes on the front stub axles, in the hubs.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Don't mean to rain on your parade...but both hardware stores near me sell them in .050 for about $0.50 Cdn each - that's a standard thickness.

Find them 0.055 thick and ya got something to crow about !

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I tried a number of hardware stores but had some difficulty finding that "just right size"....finally found the right one at Home Depot of all places. See this link for some pics/part number. 50 cents each http://dreamwater.com/zuk/toyotapattern.html

·
Registered
191 Posts
C clips

the one Moser sells for $3.00 are not a special thickness. They slop around in the end cap, and are too thick to be able to double up. They just sell a standard c-clip. I worried about it slightly. In theory that would allow the cap to move outward the distance of the slop. I have been running them for quite a while now with no problems. The correct thickness would be great, but the stock clip is thick compared to a normal full circle clip. I have never seen a full snap ring that thick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts