Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like the spring hanger front passenger side was ripped of and then trail fixed. I noticed when I bought it, but never messed with it.

Looks something like 2 1X.25 inch angle pieces booger welded to the frame the hanger is then welded to the angle. I have beat the shit out of it for two years no problems, but I am relocating the hangers and wonder WTF to do with this patch??

I am thinking clean up the welds and plate the other side to make up the .25"?? it will still be fugly, or I could grind off the angle and plate the frame?? ideas??

·
Registered
815 Posts
I made my spring hangers out of female reciever stock, its seamless, then drilled it out and used seamless tubing for where the bushing go, heres a pic to get the idea, same on the front to.and for the other end of spring mount I used 3 1/2 by 6" box tubing, cut the end off of the 6" side and made it pretty, that size fits the bigger springs perfect.and where the frame is boogered up, clean it up and plate it, you need to box the frame around the steering box area anyway so do it at the same time when relocating hangers

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey Hark,
What springs ya using? I'm having a hard time trying to decide on which rear springs to use and whether to inboard them to under the frame or build new ones in place of the stock ones.

·
Registered
815 Posts
scoutver5.7 said:
Hey Hark,
What springs ya using? I'm having a hard time trying to decide on which rear springs to use and whether to inboard them to under the frame or build new ones in place of the stock ones.
\
I have no fawking clue on what I was thinking when I did the rear, I should have just put the hangers under the frame..... instead of how international did there's... the springs are 56" chev springs that are found under 3/4 or one tons, I am only running 5 leaf's out of what was a huge stiff spring pack, the setup works really nice........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.