Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ride bikes at frank raines? i was thinkin of taking my son and the xr100's this weekend to overnight camp. were not into motocross or track riding, just exploring trails father/son style...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Hey Paul, Frank Raines' should be fun if you just want to ride. You should be able to find some good hill climbs too. It isn't Carnegie, but..... Also watch out for rigs. The trails are shared. Nice hot showers too.

HTH.

Jimmy

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
Cool camping spots. Nice riding and if you want to wheel the creek bed can be fun as well. Some of the drop offs can be a bit ugly but it's a nice place.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
perfect, thanks guys!:beer: looks like a good place to camp/test out the truck too, is that the creek trail rich?

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
Yeah, that's the creek trail. Most of it isn't very tough until you get to the part where everyone stops... just keep going :D

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
frank raines was awesome! waisted the stupid drum brakes on the poor little xr100, kept playing in the creek crossings and bombin down some would be hill climbs:D damn im sore....

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
I'd rather ride at Hollister... Carnigie is nice for a change of pace--those hill climbs there are great fun or can scare you if you don't make it if you know what I mean--going back down is gennerally 10 times worst than trying to go up! Frank Raines is great for me but may be only once a year! For wheeling it can be challanging and scary as there are a lot of off camber spots and when its muddy watch out!

Jason :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts