Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having this issue? This happened to 3 of the 30 in my Pmag. I got lucky, I charged my AR, I unloaded picked it up and tried saw this. I went through the rest of the mag and had 2 more do this.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
No crimp?

Get a handful of them, press down on a stable surface with minimal force and see if you can recreate.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Bringing this back up to the top.

Anyone had any experience, good or bad with Freedom Munitions?

They seem to have the cheapest 5.56 but i thought i would ask here first.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
.380, 9MM, .40, .38, 44MAG, 5.56.....I've shot a bunch of it.
Had 1 44 not go bang.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I've run a bunch without issue in AR's personally. .02

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I've run 200 through my AR with no issues. Just as accurate (or inaccurate) as everything else I've put through it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've put 250 rounds of their 9mm 115gr through my Sig with no problems. I can't really comment on accuracy since I'm not a great shot, need to practice more. I have more and will definitely be ordering again in other calibers as well.

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
In response to the issue the OP was having, that's why I prefer metal magazines. I can tweak the feed lips to present the bullet's point higher on the feed ramp and that shit happens less.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Good ammo, good prices, better than average availability.

They recently had a "free shipping" deal that put them behind. I ordered on 4-4 and according to the shipping label, it should be here next Tuesday. No charge on the card yet, so I got no problems with the way they are doing business.

Their 147gr 9mm subs work well for me.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Damn, that's good to hear. i need more 5.56, they are pretty close to the cheapest. it may just come down to shipping costs.

edit: damnit, i just realized they are in Jersey Village, Texas. Not only do i get hit with shipping, I get sales tax as well. that bumps them up over 40 cents a round and higher for 5.56.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Good ammo, good prices, better than average availability.

They recently had a "free shipping" deal that put them behind. I ordered on 4-4 and according to the shipping label, it should be here next Tuesday. No charge on the card yet, so I got no problems with the way they are doing business.

Their 147gr 9mm subs work well for me.
Sounds like I need to buy some of their 147gr 9 mm.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
edit: damnit, i just realized they are in Jersey Village, Texas. Not only do i get hit with shipping, I get sales tax as well. that bumps them up over 40 cents a round and higher for 5.56.
Not sure how it works, but when I order from them the shipping ALWAYS shows as coming out of Washington State.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts