Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've all heard of the Rubicon; some have been lucky enough to drive it, others just dream of it... but we're all friends of the Rubicon, in support of working together with the counties, BLM, National Forest, and private landowners to ensure that this trail remains open for our children, grandchildren, and the public at large.

Earlier this year, this famous road was at risk for closure, and local supporters of the Rubicon banded together to form the Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR) organization, pooling efforts and resources from many different clubs, groups, and organizations to prevent gating the Rubicon. Even now, FOTR is spearheading work projects on the Tahoe side of the trail, combining enthusiast and county efforts to repair and improve the Rubicon Trail (a county approved road). It is exciting to see so many different clubs and individual members working together toward the same goal: Saving the Rubicon!

If you're at all local to the Rubicon, please visit http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com to find out how you can help. If you're farther afield, you can use that same link to contact FOTR and offer other assitance (donations, contacts, influence, you name it!). Either way, show your support for FOTR and the trail... visit http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/form.htm to reserve a t-shirt or sweatshirt to show your support for *your* organization and *your* trail. You'll get a snazzy shirt out of the deal, and put a few bucks in the kitty for FOTR to continue to pull together enthusiasts and government agencies. We're still working out the specifics on payment and delivery, but we need to know how many shirts to print, so that we don't run too few and come up short, or run too many, and get left holding the bag.

Randii

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Randii this is great! Make sure everyone else in the other forums sees this will ya? What a great way to get the word out, and donate to the cause! shirts are like free publicity!!

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randii this is great! Make sure everyone else in the other forums sees this will ya?
I planted it in the forums that I frequent most heavily.

What a great way to get the word out, and donate to the cause! shirts are like free publicity!!
Agreed... I didn't want to spam the whole site, tho!

I've got mine ordered -- HAVE YOU?

Randii

1 - 3 of 3 Posts