Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so is there any of those vacuum lines and all that messy sh*t on the carb that i can get rid of??? i noticed it looks like a rats nest in there and i know that is gunna make trail diagnosis tough...

please advise... be very helpful if you could

and YES i already tried the search so put your :flipoff2: away

:cool:
TIA

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Believe it or not, all that stuff does something. I have messed around with the "nest" a lot. I finally gave up and left it all alone. Someone else may have some useful ideas. I am considering going EFI (have you seen what they want for a rebuilt carb ($400), or worse yet, a new one ($800 :eek: ). I could go 16 valve EFI for what an engine and carb rebuild would be, and then I would have a much better setup.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
carbs

You want simple ? Weber - or those Ponies that get installed a lot. I wasn't crazy about my Weber, but then I was crazy enough to go diesel, too - simple, I guess:D
But for cheap I hear the Pony carb is the way to go.
deepmud

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
when the sami shit works correctly they work damb good the only reason to dump that stuff for a weber or Toy carb is if your shit dont work I personaly dont like the weber carbs my 02 and i personally have a zuk carb that works flawlessly so I wouldnt change it (mine that is)

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
On my "buy a manual" kick today. The haynes manual goes over ALL the carb gizmos and what/how they work, after you understand it all it makes a trail fix much easier.

Many of the systems are for descrete systems for EGR, altitude, and other emissions controls. While they all "seem" tied to gether they just share the same signal for a few inches of hose, if you know where/what etc... the book covers when they work etc... some only are used under certain conditions wot, cold start, worm start, high alt. enrichment ;) With all the info you can easily bypass or repair it enough to get home... Wish i had a simple carb sometimes. EFI is nice but just more parts (to break)

-l8r yag

·
Registered
11 Posts
If your carb is running good than leave it alone by all means. One of my zuks has a weber and I just installed a Pony on my tintop. The weber has a bit more power but the Pony runs much better off-road. Either way, plan on playing with the floats and buying an external fuel pump along with a fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
what is the toyota carb swap? i did a quick search but nothing was found....anyone care to give me some info on that?:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just have to add zuk carbs with the bowl vent upgrade run awesome and unfortunately up side down unlike my weber that would only run at 6000rpm as i would climb a hill the zuk carb lets me lug it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts