Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to post this in the toy forum, but I guess its not really a toy anymore. Its more the evolution of my rig, than a build thread.

Here is the first build. Stock toyota axles with lockrites, a carbed 305 /th400 / d20 with 35" SXs. That set-up didnt last long. I went through birfs like crazy. The bed was made from electrical enclosures welded together, then some sheet metal work below. It was heavy, but I could pack some shiat. It has an internal cage too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waterfall at disney. Broke a birf, didnt make it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So, I swapped in a gm 60 front with an ARB and 5.13s, and a 14bolt with a detroit. Got some steel BL wheels and 38" SXs. And added an exo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Then I cut the frame off in the middle, and replaced with 2X4 tube from there forward, 4 linked the front, had the 60 shaved, and knuckles turned, and put a 95 camaro LT1 in. I also replaced the d-20 with a 203 + 300 doubler. Got rid of the 38s, and went to 42s. The only pics I can find are roll over pics, so I will have to look some more. These are taken from video.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is transfer case at poteau ok

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As a reflex, I was holding the wheel, and planting my feet to hold myself in. The only problem with that was, I planted my right foot on the gas. It was floored the whole time, which made things worse. When it came to a stop it was still reving pretty hard, until I figured out what I was doing. I thought the gas was stuck for a second.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
After the roll, the bed and front fenders came off, and a new exo was built with the fenders sort of integrated, the rear of the frame was cut off and from there back is 1 3/4 DOM. The 300 kept breaking, so it was replaced with a atlas 3.0.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I boxed the rear in to make a trunk. I carry allot of shiat. I welded sheet metal across the back, and smoothed it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is the front. Its not finished yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are some suspension pics. Its a double wishbone. I built it with a very high roll center, it is very stable feeling, even on the street, no swaybar. I am very pleased with how it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cut the frame off and plated it. That is where the crossmember for the bottom link bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The top link mounts off of the sliders, and there is a crossmember (cant see) that ties the 2 sides together. I built adjustment here and at the axle to play with the AS

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts