Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for more info on tje 52in front spring swap how much lift will I really get from stock spring,all info I find says anywhere from 2-4in as wana do it to my 86k10 and wana run 38s on it with shackle flip in rear any info would be great thanks

·
blatant asshole
11,733 Posts
It depends on a lot of things.

Buy leafs, buy 2 extra rears for extra layers, long shackles.

Bolt in and build to suit.

Cut the fenders. Youll need the room.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It depends on a lot of things.

Buy leafs, buy 2 extra rears for extra layers, long shackles.

Bolt in and build to suit.

Cut the fenders. Youll need the room.
Why would you add layers to the 52 swap, dont most of the guys cut the overload springs or remove them because they are too stiff up front?

·
blatant asshole
11,733 Posts
Depends on what you have for sprung weight, how much lift you want, what you want it to do and how you want it to drive.

I had 454, 465, 203/205 doubler, big bumper + winch, heavy truck, mine where 3 or 4 layer springs. It was heavy and springs were soft. I liked that it was super flexible. Lots of pussies complain about body roll and wory about towing and driving nice like a honda.

Mix and match as you see fit. My truck had 500-1000lbs more sprung weight than most others will.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Depends on what you have for sprung weight, how much lift you want, what you want it to do and how you want it to drive.

I had 454, 465, 203/205 doubler, big bumper + winch, heavy truck, mine where 3 or 4 layer springs. It was heavy and springs were soft. I liked that it was super flexible. Lots of pussies complain about body roll and wory about towing and driving nice like a honda.

Mix and match as you see fit. My truck had 500-1000lbs more sprung weight than most others will.
Gotcha. Totally forgot that some do the swap not just for flexing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts