Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 88 Ford HP60 I am getting ready to swap under my YJ. I'm not planning on outboarding my springs. Has anyone done this? I was planning on grinding down the lip on the cast perch and redrilling for a new hole for the centerpin closer in. Then moving the long side perch to where it needs to be. I think I'd be comfortable with the front axle being a little off. A good friend has his at about 3/4" off. I do plan on driving this on the street though so whatdya think? My fab skills aren't to the point of outboarding, and I can't afford the kit(all my money went towards the 60:smokin:) I know it can be done I guess I'm asking does anyone have a better way of going about it than I....

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Dude, the perches on those year D60's are like 5" wider than stock YJ width... The center pin to center pin is something like 36." A stock YJ width is 31.5'ish. Goodluck having your passenger side sticking out that far. Perhaps your buddy has a 77.5-79 front D60. Those years were 32'ish apart if I recall correctly. That is somewhat doable with the older 60's.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Yea, your gonna have to outboard, but its not too hard to do. Not that expensive either, just takes a little time and thought

1 - 5 of 5 Posts