Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out springs today & it seems like YJ Jeep springs are the same length & same width (aprox) as front Toyota springs except with a slight positive arch to them. Am I right on this? Could stock YJ springs be used to lift the front of a PU then?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Stock YJs are great springs, they will only give about 1/2" of lift but they flex like crazy and ride sweet, with 2" lift shackle I'm almost level with my rear chevy's. I've had no front driveshaft or castor issues either.

Monte

·
Registered
919 Posts
Its been an old trick to run lifted rear wranglers up front on a Toy, the flex good and can be bought for cheap. I'm running 4" lift Skyjacker softride wranglers up front with good results.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK then my next question is what bushings will work with both springs. Will YJ spring bushings work on Toyota front springs & vice versa?

·
Registered
296 Posts
bushings are not interchangeable. I currently have stock waggy springs up front, but am switching to lifted (2.5") YJ springs. the stock front hangers will work, but you need to bend them out a little bit or shave the bushings. I bent mine out. it's the same deal with YJ springs. my rear shackle on the front springs are (I think) Taco shackles from AOR. Talk to Randy and hopefully he'll remember what I ordered. They work perfectly. I'm not happy w/ my pinion angle, so when I swap in the YJ's I'm also putting in a set of 3* shims from Roger Brown. let me know if you have more questions.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I run the YJ 2.5" Rears and had to use the chevy bushing kit. I like em. The seem to flex real good. I had to extend my front d/l though because I got almost 6"'s of lift out of em. They were only $70 ea. at Central 4wd. Good deal for a decent front lift. I used 4" blocks in the rear to level everything out with the chevy's in the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts