Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run an anti-wrap bar on the front? Needed one?

Is axle wrap ever a problem up front?

-tom

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not yet, but plan on adding one this winter/spring. I'm getting some wrap up front, not terrible, but enough to get it added to the project list.

·
Registered
477 Posts
just add more weight like a big block :D

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
alot of times you can get away with milatary wrap springs or clamping the leafs together to get rid of spring wrap in the front. Also have seen people use a ladder bar in the front much like the rear.

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
I plan to run one - I have bad wheelhop and wrap in the front. No broken u-joints yet I`m thinking due to HP, and a CV Driveshaft so it hasn't been able to get at such a steep angle where it cracks the ears or u-joints.

I`m 99% sure it will be very noticable since on full throttle assaults I can really feel the front end go crazy.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm just thinking out loud here and I may be wrong but........
Which way does the front dif want to swing while it torques :confused:
On my rig I have such a steep angle to the front driveline that if the dif was to swing in an upward direction during axle wrap it would actually improve that angle. Therefore less likely to break a pinion or a u-joint.
Another thought is whether or not a shackle reversal or cut and turned knuckles would have any part in this.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
See that's what happens when I start thinking :shaking: Thanks for the info, with that in mind I'm really surprisd I haven't broken anything on my front end. SOA, steep driveline and no cut and turn to compensate. :(

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have two freinds who's pinions were to low and both would break the ujoint straps when the front got under to much of a load...they had to put in shims to solve the problem

·
Registered
471 Posts
I run a front traction bar and military wrapped leafs and have been very happy

Don Henry

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
hmmms so if you ran a ladder bar type setup in the front it would try to suck the chassis down under hard acceleration. i could see the benefits on any nasty hill climb where its nice to be able to suck the front suspension down anyway.

but coupled with some anti squat with a rear bar it would be quite a weird feeling on the road.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you had a shackle reversal, wouldn't an anti-wrap bar up front severely limit flex, unless it came from the front?

·
Registered
477 Posts
maybe winch the front end down when necessary like all dem buggys do

1 - 15 of 15 Posts