Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
BIGBIRD said:
did a search, not really any info. anyone have any ideas? pics. on how to. yea i want to steal someones idea.
all pro has one, so does sky-mfg

look alot like a piece of 2x6 box cut to fit...

not sure what is really used, but from pic's this appears to be what one could be made from..

·
Registered
935 Posts
I dont think it is really needed, maybe if you plan on jumping it:D
but I welded up one on my friends 81 axel and it looks sweet.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
every bent toy housing I have seen has been bent on the outside of the springs..(by the ball)..seems the ones on the market now do nothing to prevent that

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
BIGBIRD said:
is it really needed.
good question. ive seen two guys with trussed front ends still bend them enough to not get inner/birf back in the housing. i aint gonna glue one on.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
BIGBIRD said:
so maybe its not really worth the trouble....
id say not for me. with the way i drive i figure im gonna bend one anyway so ill save my money right now. maybe im wrong and my junk without a truss will last 2 trips. if it bends in a hurry ill put a truss on the next one.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you'll bend it when your racing your buddies back to the lakebed at the hammers,not on the trail ....in my opinion

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
If you are a dumb shit like me and hit the whoops at JV at about 50 and get airbourn yeah you need one, if you have a 84-85 axle and its just rockcrawling I do not think you need one, others I think it is a good Idea.:D Here is a shot of an 83 that I shaved & trussed.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Carl (aka ILean) built this truss our old comp. rig. OK, so it would be more effective on top, but due to space allowed and not wanting to remove some bracketry, it made for a good option. I don't feel it's worth doing unless the truss runs from one end to the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
vonski....that one would be way more effective than any that I have seen for sale..seems you could even bring it out a little further by figureing out how much room the knuckle needs to turn lock to lock

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
rustyPOS said:
vonski....that one would be way more effective than any that I have seen for sale..seems you could even bring it out a little further by figureing out how much room the knuckle needs to turn lock to lock
It could maybe go just a little bit farther, but the outer edge of it is incorporated into beefing the steering stop as-is. It could go a bit farther, and just turn the steering stop in further....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Vonski said:
Carl (aka ILean) built this truss our old comp. rig.
a comp rig with all terrains???? surely youre not serious:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts