Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Give me your bent housings I want them..

Well after the Trail gear knuckle thread and the link to IH8MUD with the guy who was giving the LC axles a few inches extra to make the Spring overs nicer I decided to make a wider front end.. I just got it started and have a few pics to put up, I will put up more as I go.. I am going to make it 6 inches wider and am doing it on the short side.. I will be rotateing the knuckles alittle bit also, I was going to rotate them more but just picked up a HP elocker so no need for that now.. My goal is to make a wider, STRONGER, and STRAIGHT toyota mini front housing, I like the thought of a diamond but don't want to shell out the money for one.. I don't wheel hard enough to justify a 60 front.. I have debated the 44 since I have built and narrowed a few in the past, But hell I figure Lets try a toyota housing.. Its just sheet metal right..haha

Attachments

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
that lathe is my buddys, Nice having friends :D He will be a big help on this thing for sure.. That lathe is huge too.. In the pic you can't see the rest of the bed but it is alot longer.. And you could turn the housing with the third in it no problem if you wanted too and went slow enough

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I thought of that, But I will try this first, I think I can make one from a stock housing strong and straight.. And most of all cheap.. With much less time in building it too.. After I see how this one turns out maybe I will move to bigger and better later.. I see the center section being kinda tuff to build and have it correct for myself at least, cudos to the guys who can build the center.. I want to learn.. :D

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I called Brian at Front range, He said no problem on a 27 spline custom length axle.. I am going to try the cheap route first to see if the housing holds up and is what I want.. If so then it will be 30 Spline Longs.. Hell, that way I will have a spare anyways not that I could break a longfeild inner anyways :D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
that lathe is my buddys, Nice having friends :D He will be a big help on this thing for sure.. That lathe is huge too.. In the pic you can't see the rest of the bed but it is alot longer.. And you could turn the housing with the third in it no problem if you wanted too and went slow enough
LOL, he could chuck up my 12" x 36" LATHE in that one:eek:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
this thing should be pretty sweet when you're all done, it'll definitely be a head scratcher for a lot of people when they see that!! They'll be like, what front axle is that from!?!

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
here is a shitty drawing of what the I am doing, I hope someone can understand the drawing.. :flipoff2:

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 271 Posts